Welcome to the Cheeky Weekly blog!


Welcome to the Cheeky Weekly blog!
Cheeky Weekly ™ REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, COPYRIGHT ©  REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED was a British children's comic with cover dates spanning 22 October 1977 to 02 February 1980.

Quick links...
Basic Stats
Cheeky Weekly Index - Cheeky Annuals and Specials Index
Cheeky Weekly Artist Index
Features by Number of Appearances
Cheeky Weekly Timeline
Major Characters from the Cheeky pages
Features Ordered by Date of Commencement

*** ALL IMAGES COPYRIGHT ©  REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Used with permission. ***
*** CHEEKY WEEKLY, KRAZY, WHOOPEE!, WHOOPEE, WOW!, WHIZZER AND CHIPS and BUSTER ARE ™ REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, COPYRIGHT ©  REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ***
Thanks for reading the blog.

Thursday 11 August 2016

Stage School Erratum

My thanks to Stephen Archer who has pointed out my assertion that Stage School appeared only once in the post-Whoopee-merge Whizzer and Chips was not in fact correct, since our junior showbiz chums turned up for a second time in Whizzer and Chips dated 13 July 1985. Not quite sure how I missed this when I was reading through my Whizzer and Chips collection.

I have now updated my Stage School post with a correction, and have also amended the affected Whizzer and Chips Raids posts, as well as my post on Whoopee's merge into W&C.

This is the second correction I've had to make regarding Stage School and its W&C appearances!

As I begin to write out 'I must be more diligent when conducting research into the post-Cheeky-Weekly appearances of those characters who survived not only the collapse of the toothy funster's comic but of Whoopee as well' 500 times, I'll leave you with Stage School's second Whizzer and Chips outing.

Whizzer and Chips including Whoopee 13 July 1985
Art:Robert Nixon

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, and the kind words. I’ll check W&C from 1986 in British Library to see there’re any more appearances that’ve passed you by. It’ll be worth viewing anyway if only to see the excellent Super Store-themed Christmas issue again. Not sure about the advent of Bottom though – hardly Nigel Edwards’s finest hour…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite liked Bottom of the Class and Bottom. Always good fun looking out for the 'mysterious objects'. Please let me know if you discover any more SS strips.

      Delete
  2. Well it’s my avowed intention to look out for Stage School strips; not sure where Schutzstaffel would come into it … it was saddening to see Calculator Kid give way to reprints so soon into its time in W&C though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well there was an IPC humour strip called The Kids of Stalag 13 (or something similar), wasn't there?

      Delete
  3. Unquestionably: http://bustercomic.co.uk/stalag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nixon’s artwork looks like it’s been done in five minutes, and I find it hard to believe he had lost interest. I’d guess the author’s not the same as whoever-it-was that penned the story originally. Not the greatest way for the strip to take its final bow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Rebellion will publish 'Stage School - Where Are They Now?'

      Delete