Welcome to the Cheeky Weekly blog!


Welcome to the Cheeky Weekly blog!
Cheeky Weekly ™ REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, COPYRIGHT ©  REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED was a British children's comic with cover dates spanning 22 October 1977 to 02 February 1980.

Quick links...
Basic Stats
Cheeky Weekly Index - Cheeky Annuals and Specials Index
Cheeky Weekly Artist Index
Features by Number of Appearances
Cheeky Weekly Timeline
Major Characters from the Cheeky pages
Features Ordered by Date of Commencement

*** ALL IMAGES COPYRIGHT ©  REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Used with permission. ***
*** CHEEKY WEEKLY, KRAZY, WHOOPEE!, WHOOPEE, WOW!, WHIZZER AND CHIPS and BUSTER ARE ™ REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, COPYRIGHT ©  REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ***
Thanks for reading the blog.

Monday 19 November 2018

Update on Updates

Last month I finally got round to assigning the relevant Creepy Sleepy Tale episodes to Keith Reynolds, and following on from that I have now updated all the 'contents' tables in the issue summary posts covering Cheeky Weekly issues 1 to 96. This means that the contents now show Keith as the artist on the CST elements that he drew, and also Jimmy Hansen as the Skateboard Squad and Speed Squad artist for this run of comics (longtime followers of this blog may recall my Mike Lacey and Jimmy Hansen crisis of a couple of years ago when I realised that I had wrongly assigned the two strips as being drawn by Mike). The summaries for issue 97 onward have shown the correct artist details for Speed Squad so they don't need amending. The artist credit for the Disaster Des strip in Cheeky Weekly dated 13 October 1979, the only time that Des was illustrated by Jimmy, was updated in the aftermath of the 'crisis', some months before I originally posted that particular issue summary, so does not require amendment.

However, while applying these revisions I noticed that two issues had Cover Features promoting Creepy Sleepy Tale which used artwork by Keith (18 February and 03 June 1978), to which I hadn't previously assigned artist credits. I therefore updated the database entries for these 2 issues before regenerating the contents tables, but those changes mean I have also had to re-run the following...

Cheeky Weekly Index

Cheeky Weekly Artist Index

2 comments:

  1. Mike Lacey and Jim Henson... eeek..
    I never knew until recently that the BumpkinBillionaires were drawn by Jim from 1976 onwards!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was under the same impression until my crisis.

      Delete